Friday, August 28, 2009

I Wear My Eye Zone At Night... So I can, So I can...

Anyone who knows me, knows I am abnormally preoccupied with my under eye bags. I consider myself a fairly reasonable person - I try to have a grounded perspective on life, set realistic goals and accept the beauty of human imperfection. But somehow, the wires in my mind disconnect when it comes to my eye bags. So when I saw "diminishes eye bags and dark circles" in the description for the Eye Zone Eye Massager, it was like my fingers were on autopilot clicking "Buy! Buy! Buy!"

Now, before you laugh at loud at the image of what the Eye Zone looks like - the premise of it is only half silly. While the website states that it stimulates the acupuncture points around the eyes and helps remove toxins which build up in the delicate eye area, the pure circulation increase on its own promises drainage and anti-aging.

Maybe its because this week I have performed a number of Lymphomaniac Facials on press, but the importance of circulation has been on floating around in my head - and I wanted to highlight this importance in a posting. Many people think of massage as important to relax their minds and relieve tension in their muscles, but the simple increase in circulation promotes the reoxygenation of our tissues and transportation away of waste via our blood. This, to me, is the biggest benefit of any physical manipulation.

Circulation keeps our skin bright and youthful looking - and we should note how dry and devitalized the skin on our extremities (hands, feet and scalp) become when our circulation is low (this is evident most obviously in winter in we are especially taxed). It also increases our collagen production. If you examine any anti-aging treatment, whether it is Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Light therapy or Laser, it involves the increase of circulation and blood flow.

So, when Ben scoffs at my new Eye Zone, I inform him he won't be laughing when I maintain my youthful looks and he doesn't - then I do a model's strut with the white plastic goggles strapped around my head and put it on the double time vibration setting.

Yes, Movement is an important concept in Eastern Medicine as the flow of Qi and Prana is thoroughly discussed. It is when we have stagnation within our bodies do we accumulate blockages - which can be seen in the form of cysts, dullness, heaviness and fluid turbidity. Acupuncture's role itself is to puncture energy centres to release stagnation.

Unfortunately, the Eye Zone doesn't solve all my problems. Like I thought, the Eye Zone does make a difference and takes away superficial swollenness moving the excess water and lessening the retention of fluid around my eyes. I am happy to see my morning puffiness if gone - and I keep thinking about the time my mother asked my people call Puff Daddy "Puffy". Who wants to be called Puffy? I do everything I can so I'm not to be called Puffy?!! But it doesn't take away the perma-puff along the lower portion of my eye socket. Sigh - Back to the drawing board - revisiting my kidney function and adrenal examination.

My only other complaint about my new vibrating glasses is that it leaves pink marks on my face so I can't use them if I'm in rush to get to work as I need to wait for the indents to fade.

Ah well, I guess I will just have to use my Eye Zone at night while listening to Corey Hart. Don't put the blame on the gal in shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment